Transforming lives in the community since 1890!
Board List Staff Leadership 2021 Donor List 2019 Annual Report 2020 Annual Report Facebook Fundraiser
West Side Community House (WSCH) was founded in 1890 as the Methodist Deaconess Home of Cleveland. WSCH has operated as a private, nonsectarian nonprofit 501(c)3 social service agency since 1964, owned and operated by a board of managers. We work to meet the needs of community residents by providing an array of model programs and services for children, families and older adults. Services are open to all social, racial, ethnic and income groups but are targeted to those who are most vulnerable and at-risk. Our programs strengthen the family, provide opportunities to learn and grow, support independent living, encourage economic self-sufficiency, and renew the life spirit.
Our mission is transforming lives in the community. West Side Community House envisions a people transformed in mind, body and spirit. We will continue to create and refine programs that empower and inspire, and to build relationships that support and sustain our mission. We will cultivate a spirit of neighbor caring for neighbor that will give the community back to the people with hope for a brighter future.
Everyone has a story to tell. Just ask us!
This slideshow has photos from the late 1800’s to 2006 when we moved from our historic building at West 30th and Bridge Avenue to our brand new facility at West 93rd and Lorain Avenue.