We have been monitoring the spread of COVID-19 daily as new developments arise with this public health crisis. It is our intent to protect the health and safety of our participants, many of whom are part of the most vulnerable in the community. While we have made some changes to our service provision, West Side Community House (WSCH) will remain open for minimal services/human interaction.
The following are the measures WSCH is taking to promote the health and safety of our participants, staff and community:
- Congregate Meals and Adult Development services will not be provided in-house until further directive from the governor’s office.
- Congregate meals have shifted to meal pick-up. Participants who drive to WSCH may pick-up their meals for the week between 10:00 am – 12:00 noon on Mondays.
- Participants who are transported to WSCH can elect to have their meals delivered to them by WSCH. They must sign-up with Yvette Medina, Healthy Aging Center Director, at 216-771-7297 ext. 303.
- Older adults in need of meals can still enroll in the program by calling Kris Hall, Healthy Aging Center Program Assistant, at 216-771-7297 ext. 311.
- Family Visitations, Case Management and Crisis Intervention services will continue through the Community Based Services program.
- Family Visits at WSCH are limited to immediate family only.
- Staff will interact with clients by phone. Home visits will be considered case by case. Families applying for Emergency Assistance must contact Daveda Hayes, Family Services Director, at 216-771-7297 ext. 346.
- Large meetings have been canceled or postponed until further notice. This includes:
- Family Nights
- West Side Collab Meetings
- The Wrap for Success Parenting Program will be held online. For information about enrolling, please contact Donniecia Worley at 216-771-7297 ext. 340.
- There will be no in-house programming for the Sisterhood after-school program during the 2020-2021 school year. Virtual programming continues and staff are available by phone and other media as a resource.
While these are very uncertain times, WSCH will continue to be a beacon of light in the community. We will give updates on our website and social media pages. All staff is accessible by phone or email.
For accurate information and updates on COVID-19 visit:
WE THRIVE TOGETHER