History & Mission
West Side Community House (WSCH) was founded in 1890 as the Methodist Deaconess Home of Cleveland. WSCH has operated as a private, nonsectarian nonprofit 501(c)3 social service agency since 1964, owned and operated by a board of managers. We work to meet the needs of the community residents by providing an array of model programs and services for children, families and older adults. Services are open to all social, racial, ethnic and income groups but are targeted to those who are most vulnerable and at-risk. Our programs strengthen the family, provide opportunities to learn and grow, support independent living, encourage economic self-sufficiency, and renew the life spirit.
The mission established to guide West Side Community House over the next five years is…
Transforming lives in the community.
West Side Community House envisions a people transformed in mind, body and spirit.
We will continue to create and refine programs that empower and inspire, and build relationships to support and sustain our mission.
We will cultivate a spirit of neighbor caring for neighbor that will give the community back to the people with hope for a brighter future.
Everyone has a story to tell. Just ask us…